Cherry Tree

Cherry Tree

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Perfect Phrases for Classroom Motivation

Here are some phrases that may help motivate students either directly or indirectly:

  • Can I see you for a minute after class?
  • Can you come here and show me your work?
  • Can you partner up with (classmate's name)?
  • Can you practice with him/her?
  • Do you mind writing it down?
  • How did you do that?
  • How do you do it?
  • I am going to call you next.
  • I am impressed with this.
  • I could see the hard work and effort you were putting in.
  • I know you will do it.
  • I really liked it.
  • I want to thank you.
  • Let's condense the information.
  • Let's look up this word.
  • Let's take a break.
  • Tell me what you understand.
  • Thank you for being on time.
  • This assignment isn't that long.
  • This should be easy for you to complete.
  • Well, they told me you could do it.
  • Would you mind showing (classmate's name) how you did that?
  • You said you couldn't do it, and you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment